PLEASE NOTE: Online Tutoring is not available during the summer months
The eLearning Café offers 3 types of online tutoring supports to students currently registered in Lethbridge College courses:
- Students can receive feedback on written assignments by submitting their work through the eTutor Alberta platform.
- For more information on how eTutor Alberta works, please refer to eTutor Alberta on YouTube or the eTutor Alberta website.
- Students who have a quick question about course work can chat live with a tutor through instant messaging service on the bottom right of the page.
Online Tutoring FAQ
What skills are supported through online tutoring?
Current tutoring support is available for writing and research, APA, study skills, and basic computer or e-learning skills.
At this time, math and science support may be limited by technology or staff availability; however, face-to-face support in these areas is available during Learning Café office hours at Lethbridge College main campus.
Who will help me and how quickly can I expect a response?
Tutoring services are provided by fully qualified instructional assistants during office hours:
September - April
- Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 7:00pm
- Friday – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Saturday – 12:00pm – 4:00pm
May – June
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
July – August
- No online tutoring available at this time
During office hours:
- Instant Messaging questions are responded to on a first-come, first-served basis. If multiple students are "in line" at the same time, your question will be acknowledged, and you will be told how long you may need to wait for a response. Please be patient and leave your chat window open.
- Real-time Appointments: If your question is more involved and requires a Blackboard Collaborate session, a mutually convenient 45 minute appointment will be set up with you.
- eTutor Alberta: If you are submitting your work to eTutor Alberta, you can expect to receive feedback on your work within 48 hours on business days.
Outside office hours:
What methods can I use to book a live appointment?
You can contact the eLearning Café in the following ways:
- Using the eLearning Café instant messaging box,
- By contacting the Learning Café at 403-382-6952 during office hours.
What will happen when I book my live appointment?
- When you request an appointment, a staff member will send you a confirmation email with the date and time of your appointment and instructions for logging in.
- Prior to your appointment, ensure you try logging in to the program. Test your audio to make sure you can hear and speak. Contact us if you have any technical difficulties.
- On the day of your appointment, follow the login instructions from your email. Be sure to arrive a few minutes early to allow yourself enough time to login. Your appointment is scheduled to last 45 minutes.
- Once you are logged in, the staff member will guide you through your appointment.
- At the end of your session, you will be asked to complete a quick, voluntary survey. The results from this survey will help us to continue growing and improving our service.